SNP MANIFESTO: VOTE SNP TO STOP BREXIT
Scotland’s for Europe – The SNP EU Election Manifesto - https://www.snp.org/eu/
A vote for the SNP is a vote to make clear Scotland says No to Brexit.
The party’s European manifesto was launched by Nicola Sturgeon this morning in Glasgow, setting out the party’s priorities to stop Brexit and to protect Scotland’s interests.
The 5,000-word document sets out the SNP’s four political priorities:
• To keep working with others across the UK to stop Brexit.
• Back a People’s Vote that will give the option to Remain.
• Offer people a choice of a future for Scotland as an independent, European nation.
• Support revoking Article 50 if a no-deal Brexit is the only alternative.
And the document identifies six key policy pledges for SNP MEPs:
• CLIMATE – Support an EU-wide Green New Deal that recognises the scale of the climate emergency, and presses the EU and member states to increase the scale of their ambition accordingly.
• EU CITIZENS - Defend the rights of European Scots and their families, and support Scotland having powers to deliver our own tailor-made migration policy.
• FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT – Stand up for freedom of movement, and the ability of every person in Scotland to live, work, travel and study freely across the EU.
• SINGLE MARKET – Protect Scotland’s place in the single market as non-negotiable – whatever the outcome of Brexit.
• EDUCATION – Seek to preserve European funding to Scottish universities and the right of Scottish students to study in Europe through the Erasmus+ programme.
• FARMING AND FISHING – Be relentless in efforts to help the farming and fishing sectors flourish for the future - protecting vital markets for our food and drink exporters.
Speaking at the launch event, Nicola Sturgeon said:
“Next Thursday we have the opportunity to make Scotland’s voice heard.
“There is now a real chance to keep Scotland in the European Union.
“On May the 23rd people in this city and across Scotland can send Theresa May a strong, resolute message:
“And let’s keep Scotland at the heart of Europe.”